Although I've been feeling quite meh recently, creatively I've been feeling really inspired and I've been having an experiment with some of the materials that I've had gathering dust for ages.  

I've played around with the idea of making gift cards in the past but never managed to make anything that I was that happy with.  I think what I learnt was that card making is a whole lot trickier than it looks.  You have to be very neat and if you decide to sell them then you're probably not going to make much in the way of profit on them.

That said, I decided to have another try.  I've gone with a much simpler design and one that doesn't require too much glueing.  That was my main undoing last time - I'm messy!  I ended up with bits of glue getting places I didn't want it and it makes a potentially nice card look really messy, really quickly.  This time I've been using up some of the black, velour-ish sticky back plastic I bought last year for some jewellery displays.  Here's my first attempt.  I'm fairly pleased with it, I'm just not sure if its too simple.  I'm going to have a bit more of a play around and see what I come up with.  


The next thing I've been trying out is making a friendship bracelet.  I'd pinned one on pinterest ages ago but had never got round to trying the diy out.  Here's where it originally came from and here's how mines been coming along :)  I probably haven't made one since I left school (about 20 years ago - eek!).  I thought I'd go with a rainbow coloured one as I thought I wouldn't have too many problems remembering the order of the colours.  Its looking quite cool so far but I don't know if its going to be long enough but I'm sure I can put it to use in something else if it doesn't go round my wrist. I've realised since typing this that I haven't quite followed the steps of the original diy - oops!  Its coming along okay but it would probably be a lot quicker if I'd just stuck with weaving the threads rather than knotting them :/  

 
 
The last thing I've been trying to master is making wire wrapped rings.  I've received a few over the years via craft swaps and I've always wanted to try making one myself.  I've made two so far and here's pics of my favourite one.  I've been using some jewel-like beads I picked up last year from Oxfam.  I got them as part of a collection of broken jewellery that Oxfam sell off from time to time.  I think these beads were my main reason for buying the jar so I'm glad I'm finally getting round to using them :)